From Friday 14th to Sunday 16th February 2020, 3 days of singing, dancing, celebrating and meeting new people, discovering other cultures! At the Mwanga College in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo for only $1/person/day.
A unique experience alongside traditional dancers and performers from the surrounding regions (Rwanda, Burundi, RDC, etc.), tambourine players from Burundi, acrobats, young entrepreneurs and craftsmen and women from Goma, organisations and NGOs, runners taking part in the Sunday Ekiden...
An Ekiden is an athletic long distance relay race in teams of 6 people with a distance of 42.5 kilometres. Every runner has a specific distance to cover and at the moment of the relay, passes on a cloth slash called “Tasuki” to the next runner. More info here.
The 10 teams selected during the entrepreneurship competition give an oral presentation of their projects. More info here.
In the Charity Area:
- Exhibition area with stands held by NGOs and other organisations.
- Conferences - debates on a variety of different topics, film projections, games… organised and facilitated by the NGOs and organisations.
In the Entrepreneurship Area:
- Exhibition stands held by young entrepreneurs between 18 and 35 years old
- Workshops, demonstrations, conferences about entrepreneurship, development
On the Nyamulagira stage:
- Participative traditional dances,
- Drama, acrobatics,…
On the Mont Goma stage:
- Discover different dances, traditional, creative and modern music from the region of the Great Lakes.
On the Djoo Paluku stage:
- Discover the local performers selected by the Foyer culturel during the Sanaa weekends
- Musical diversity (world music) with different artists from the Great Lakes region (Rwanda, Burundi, Ouganda, Congo – Brazza) and international musicians and performers.
Programme out soon!
Catering area on site with a variety of different cuisines.
Places are limited to 12,000 people/day.
Don’t miss this great occasion!